Posts Tagged ‘mysql’
This morning I had to give a client an estimate for some work they wanted doing on a Rails 2.1.2 app.
The work itself wasn’t overly complicated, but getting a system up and running using Ruby 1.8 and Rails 2.1 proved to be somewhat of a challenge.
Here’s how I did it.
I recently installed the 64 bit version of Ruby 2.0 on my Windows 8 machine.
All of my old projects I tested with it ran just fine and the world was a happy place.
Then I had to install Rails, so that I could make some minor changes to an existing app … and the pain began.
I recently helped someone with a project where they had to select a bunch of records from a database, then on the client side use AJAX to filter those records according to certain criteria.
This was a fun thing to work on and a good opportunity to demonstrate the power of AJAX, so I thought I’d write it all up in the form of a quick tutorial.
For the impatient among you, here’s a demo of what we’ll end up with.